Are you looking for a new gas grill for cooking that perfect dinner steak? Or maybe you are planning to have a party and need to grill a bunch of burgers?
Well, the good news is that with 500 bucks you have plenty of great options to choose from.
Out of hundreds of options available in this price class, we picked the 6 best ones to suit different kinds of needs. Whether you are looking for a large grill for big parties, an infrared unit, a portable model, or just straight up the best rig for the money, you can find something nice here!
Our recommendations for Best Gas Grills Under $500:
- Best Overall: Weber Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Gas Grill
- Largest with Best Features: Monument 17842 4-Burner Gas Grill with Rotisserie
- Best Design: Fuego F24C Professional Gas Grill
- Best Infrared Option: Char-Broil 463370719 TRU-Infrared 3-Burner Gas Grill
- Best Budget Option: Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro 3-Burner Gas Grill
- Best Portable Option: Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Gas Grill
The Best Gas Grills Under $500 Reviewed
There are many excellent options available at this price point. However, if you want to check out other options, we also have a comprehensive guide for all types of gas grills.
Note: Below you can find a few more interesting guides:
- Best Built-In Gas Grills for Your Outdoor Kitchen
- Best Gas Grills with Rotisserie Burner
- Best Gas Grills Under $1000 Reviewed
Next, let’s take a look at our top picks in this price class. Here is our carefully selected list of recommended products:
Best Overall: Weber Spirit II E-310 Propane / Natural Gas Grill
Weber has been making grills for over 50 years and their products are known for quality, great design, and durability. Spirit II is their new product line featuring the unique GS4 grilling system familiar from the more expensive Genesis models.
- Fuel Type: Propane/natural gas
- Number of Main Burners: 3
- Total BTU: 30,000
- Heat Flux: 71
- Primary Grilling Area (sq.in): 424
- Warming Rack Area (sq.in): 108
- Weight: 245 lbs
- Build Materials: Stainless steel, porcelain-coated steel, and porcelain-coated cast iron (grates)
- Dimensions: 52″ x 26″ x 57″ (L x W x H)
- Warranty: 10, 5, or 2 years (depending on part)
Weber Spirit II E-310 is a solid 3-burner gas grill with 30,000 BTUs of heating power and a 424 square inch grilling area (+105 sq.in. warming rack). It heats up fast and delivers a nice sear to your steaks, burgers, or pork chops.
Next, let’s take a closer look at what the GS4 system has to offer:
GS4 Grilling System
Ignition: It all starts from the ignition, and Spirit II E-310 makes it fast and easy. The infinity ignition system lights up the grill with a push of a button. Every time.
Burners: One of the most annoying things about gas grills is that they often have cooler spots where the food doesn’t cook properly. The 3 burners of Spirit II E-310 are designed to provide a consistent gas flow and even cooking temperature across the grilling surface.
Flavorizer Bars: The flavorizer bars placed above the burners catch and vaporize drippings. This reduces the risk of flare-ups and adds a smoky flavor to your food.
Grease Management: I have always liked the easy grease management of Weber grills. The extra grease that is not vaporized is directed into a disposable drip tray that can be easily replaced when it starts to get full.
This grill has reversible grill grates that are thicker on one side and thinner on the other side. The 2 side tables have hooks for hanging your grilling tools. You can integrate the unit with a Weber iGrill 3 temperature probe that allows you to monitor its temperature with a smartphone app.
The E-310 is a durable and conveniently designed gas grill with a 10-year warranty on the cook box, lid assembly, and stainless steel burner tubes while the other parts come with a 5- or 2-year warranty.
This is our top pick for a gas grill you can get for under $500!
What We Love
- Great ignition system
- Gets hot fast
- Even heat distribution
- Strong and solid frame
- Premium quality parts
- Good warranty
- You can choose a model that uses liquid propane or natural gas
What We Don’t
- No side burner
Largest with Best Features: Monument 17842 Propane Gas Grill
This 4-burner gas grill from Monument is the largest and most powerful unit in this line-up.
With 60,000 BTUs of heating power and an impressive 723 square inches (513 main + 210 warming rack) of cooking space, this grill can deliver even for a bigger group of people!
- Fuel Type: Propane gas
- Number of Main Burners: 4
- Additional Burners: Side burner 12,000 BTU
- Total BTU: 60,000
- Heat Flux: 94
- Primary Grilling Area (sq.in): 513
- Warming Rack Area (sq.in): 210
- Weight: 108 lbs
- Build Materials: Stainless steel and powder-coated metal, cast iron (cooking grid)
- Dimensions: 54″ x 22.5″ x 46″ (L x W x H)
- Warranty: 8 years (burners), 1 year (other parts)
The 17842 offers a comprehensive list of features. It comes with a side burner, fixed tool hooks, and a one-button ignition system. It also includes a rotisserie with a motor for cooking whole chickens, turkeys, and roasts.
In addition, its control knobs have LED backlights, which come in handy when cooking after the sunset.
The reason why this is not our number one option in this price r