If you’re looking for an authentic barbecue experience in your backyard, nothing can replace a proper smoker. While some grills provide a smoke box to add a little flavor, real smokers are all about low and slow heat with lots of smoke that permeates the food. The result is unlike anything else — and it’s so worth the time and effort.
When you are looking for your first smoker, it’s important to choose one that is easy to use, holds the right temperature, and enables creating the smoky flavor that you’re looking for. We have done the research for you and picked the best options for each type of smoker.
So all you need to do is choose one of the models reviewed in this guide, and start smoking!
Our recommendations for Best Smoker for Beginners:
- Best Charcoal Smoker for Beginners: Weber 18″ Smokey Mountain
- Best Beginner Pellet Smoker: Z Grills 450A Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker
- Best Beginner-Friendly Gas Smoker: Cuisinart Vertical 36″ Propane Smoker
- Recommended Electric Smoker for Beginners: Masterbuilt 30″ Smoker
- Best Premium Kamado Smoker: Kamado Joe Classic III 18“
- Best Budget Kamado Smoker: Char-Griller Akorn Kamado Grill